Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Pioneer Day!

Pioneer Day is such a fun holiday because its personal - a celebration of faith and heritage.
Unfortunately you wouldn't know it was Pioneer Day down here in LA at ALL today. Obviously there are no parades and we don't get the day off of work (its not a state-recognized holiday here as it is in Utah), but our ward isn't even doing anything. My home ward in the Bay Area ALWAYS had atleast a ward picnic if not an activity on the Stake level. But there is nothing like that here. Sad, huh?

Brian and I especially love Pioneer Day as it causes us to reflect on everything we learned and felt in Nauvoo. The connection to our pioneer ancestors is so close -- I loved being able to walk where they once walked.

So, Happy Pioneer Day to all of you from LA. I think I'll go dip a candle now...

5 comments:

Aub said...

Happy Pioneer Day! That stinks that your ward didn't do anything...I know how that feels.

Anonymous said...

Aww...Nauvoo...now I'm sad...

Emilie said...

Yay!!! I miss Nauvoo!

Bethany said...

i have one word for that entry and that picture. well, two...yay and love. i guess that's three. dang it.

Jessie Evans said...

Aww, sniff. I miss Nauvoo.