Thursday, July 05, 2007

My Apologies....

We're sorry that its been SO LONG since we last updated our blog -- I'd say we haven't had much to write about, but that would be a lie. Maybe its just that I don't really want to write about what it is we have to write about...either way, here we are.

We've been in LA for almost 3 weeks now and are currently staying in our 3rd "residence" (I don't even know if it would count as such, to be honest). Let me explain...

Our first week was spent at a house that we were planning to be at all summer, but through an unfortunate turn of events, we were only there a week (1 week too many, in our opinion). With our original plan for housing out of the picture, the only place we could turn was to my sweet great-aunt who lives an hour south of LA. She and her husband live in a beautiful beach-front town called Corona del Mar and have a condo down the street from their house -- that condo quickly became home #2 for us. We L-O-V-E-D it there and would have loved to stay, but the commute was too much for Brian (atleast an hour each way, and add on top of that the part where he has to be at his desk by 5 am and doesn't leave until 6:30 pm = NOT a fun commute for him.) So last night we left my Aunt Linda (much to all of our sadness) and steered our sights on house-sitting (is that one word?) for our good friends Lori and Paul for a few days.

I mean, honestly - who knew it was so IMPOSSIBLE to find housing in LA? Everything is either incredibly (and too) expensive, or not a safe area. I am learning several things though; for example, did you know that Craigslist is constantly being updated?

So here I sit, at Lori and Paul's computer, so tired of living out of a suitcase, but grateful to atleast have internet access:) Like I said, we'll only be here through the weekend and from there, well, who knows. We'll let you know where the wind is blowing in a few days.

2 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

We miss you! We hope you find a new place soon!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, darlin! We've been thinking of you. It'll all work out and in like 15 years, this story will be legend with your kids and you'll always talk about it. But now it really does stink!! So sorry! (P.S. where or where are the Sheets!)