Sunday, October 14, 2007

For all those Nauvooians out there...

Brian here... Emily said it would be too hard on her to write this disturbing tale so I will have to break the news. During this past week in Nauvoo the JSA was slowly torn down. Ours were the last eyes to behold its glory. Over the past few weeks the asbestos was removed from the walls and ceilings. Yes, I said ASBESTOS! I'd like to submit that our next CP reunion should include lung cancer screenings. I hear they give group discounts.
The old boiler room was the first to go. Then it was the gym and then the dorms. I am proud to say that before they could get to the dorms and classrooms we broke in and I ran down both girls halls. That night I had nightmares that Sheriff Porcaro caught me hiding behind the curtains in one of the girl's rooms. As we were leaving we noticed an old classroom chair buried under the rubble from the gym. So like any true JSAer would do on a Conference weekend, we stole it and hid it in a corn field so we wouldn't get caught with the evidence. As we were leaving Nauvoo at the end of the week we grabbed the chair from the corn field and headed out of town. I've included a few pictures for you all to cast your eyes upon. With a hand over your heart please pay your respects to all the memories we all share from the wonderful days spent at the JSA.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is seriously broken. I'm going to go cry now!

Kayce said...

I'm so sad I'll never get to see that building again. :( Thanks for the pictures though and sharing this with us. I guess the JSA wasn't built for forever. Sad, Sad, Sad.

The Ivie's said...

I am continually taking pictures of the JSA sad days (the days it gets taken down)and am going to be making a cd of all the pictures and video that I can collect. If you would be interested in sharing anything you have, please e-mail them to me.
nicholeivie@gmail.com

Unknown said...

That is so sad!! I am so happy you totally stole a chair and some bricks though. That makes me smile! Lol. What a sad day. Are you guys glad you were there, or so sad that you saw it??

The Shupes said...

I almost had to fight the tears. So sad. I wish I had a brick from the building!! What a neat trip but so sad to see the building go down. But lets be serious, it needed some help.

Jenny and Josh said...

painful to watch!

Bethany said...

WHAT?!?!?! grandma and grandpa....why in the world did you not get me a brick. i thought i was your favorite punkin...loved the pictures. count me in for the 5 year reunion. i'm there.

Emilie said...

Sadness!!!! I'm glad you got pictures though!!!

Jessie Evans said...

Oh man, I cried when I watched this. I can't believe how much this devastated me!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad at least someone was there to see the JSA go down in all its glory! I was wondering if you could email me the pics you took,( ssnookems@hotmail.com ). I tried to get them off the blog but since there in a slideshow it won't let me. Can't wait for the Nauvoo 5-year reunion! Shannon