Our Valentines Day this year went to the beat of a different tune compared to our previous ones...instead of a romantic candle-light dinner/dance party, or a day-long getaway, Brian and I had a tasty dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and apple slices before hitting the road for romantic Las Vegas!
(Please keep reading and I'll explain).
Months ago, we made plans to spend this 3-day weekend in L.A. looking for housing; then when I ended up getting a student teacher, it all of a sudden became possible for me to take an extra day off for our weekend trip. So we left Thursday after school and drove to Vegas where Elvis renewed our vows on our way to the "romantic and quaint" Boulder Station Hotel and Casino.
(Okay it went more like this: we got there at midnight, crashed, and then woke up the next morning and left for L.A. - we didn't even get to try the $4.99 breakfast buffet. Oh well. Maybe next year).
We DID, however, exchange gifts before leaving on our romantic getaway road trip -- Brian signed me up for a series of flower arranging classes at the Utah School of Floral Design (something I've always wanted to do!) and I gave Brian a bag of "red" (candies, games in red boxes, a movie with a red cover...etc).
Overall, we had a great Valentines Day and will always look back on this one as memorable, if nothing else:) Happy V-Day everyone!!!
3 comments:
At least valentine's day was spent together and was a trip you'll never forget.
Emily, I've totally been looking for a place to take some floral design classes! That's so happy for you. Maybe I'll have to find out when you're doing it and join in the fun!
AHHHHHHH!!!! Okay, so I'm behind.. but I just noticed your pregnancy countdown! Oh boy, I can't tell you how happy I am for you! You are going to be the world's BEST mom.. hands down. So yes, still need to get together.. I'll still email, but I just HAD to say how happy I am for you.. and a NY baby.. how unique!
Post a Comment