That was the first thing Charlie said to me after Nursery today. And as if that weren't enough to put me into tears, he then handed me a card that he colored as well as a small potted plant. At that point, all bets were off. Fill up the sandbags and put on yer' high-waters, mom's feeling grateful again.
I LOVE mother's day. What a wonderful chance to not only pay tribute to our own amazing mothers, but also to reflect on the blessing it is to be a woman. Because as women, whether we are mothers to children or not, we are divinely called and able to serve as mothers to all around us because of the loving, nurturing, and Divine nature every woman is blessed with. There is no greater call that I can imagine. So I am grateful for today.
I am extra grateful to be mother to 2 beautiful and loving children. Being a mother is among the greatest blessing I have. Its also the scariest thing in the world; there is so much that could go wrong, so many ways that I could mess up, so many wrong things that could be said...talk about pressure. But that pressure dissipates almost instantly when my children look into my eyes: in that moment I feel Heavenly Father with me and I know that He will help me (and them), for they are His children far more than they are mine and He loves them even more than I do.
How is that even possible?
I don't know, but I know that it is.
On a less important, but exciting sidenote, I made myself a skirt to wear to church today. I've never made anything for myself (from scratch) until now and it was surprisingly fun. I've been eying and loving this skirt for months now and felt that Mother's Day was a good excuse to make something for myself for a change.
However, of all the things I've made, these 2 are my best work.
22 Family-Favorite Slow Cooker Dinners
5 days ago
6 comments:
Love the skirt (I made myself one a few months ago). And I especially love your blog and the JOY you convey in motherhood.
I don't even hate you because you are so crafty... I hate you because you are so skinny!
Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful mom. Charlie and Lucy don't know how lucky they are, but one day they will!
That skirt is adorable!! Sigh. If only I was creative like you. :)
the skirt is darling!!! nice work! the kids are even more cute however.
you are an amazing mom with wonderful insights. thanks for reminding me of the divine job this is!
thank you for sharing the sweet mother's day thoughts. and that skirt, which i will note and perhaps one day make. and your darling kids in their cute easter clothes. inspiring all around.
I can NOT believe you made that skirt and all the clothes!! Actually, I can believe it- you are so creative! I loved that skirt on you- such a beautiful mom!
Post a Comment