Wednesday, May 11, 2011

KCWC day 2...I am not a screen printer.

Um, sorry my pictures are always raunchy.
I craft at night, and I'm not a photographer. So there you go.


I've been eyeing this metallic tie iron-on at Joann's for several months now and finally picked it up last week, knowing that I'd have a good excuse. I was super pumped to be able to "make" a cute little shirt for my boy with an iron and a pair of scissors...and I did, but I botched it when I ironed the tie on crooked. Normally, you could say it looks wind-blown, but the tie has no "swoosh" to it, so it just looks like a crooked tie. No chance of being the 4th Jonas Brother now, I guess.

I had to laugh, because only I could possibly "ruin" such an easy project.I'm hopeful that on an ever-moving 2 1/2 year old, it will look straight-ish. And he loves it, because "mama made it." I love him.

I also started a second shirt (freezer paper stenciling this time) for Charlie, but wasn't able to finish it. Its a copy cat of a shirt I saw on a kid last week at the park. I just have to do the back side and add a few manbellishments and it will be done. Thank goodness there is more than 1 day for KCWC!

2 comments:

natter said...

Manbellishment. Love it!

Jarrod said...

I like the "crooked" tie - it matches the loose knot at the neckline.