Tuesday, May 03, 2011

A little bit of this and a whole lot of that.

Its been a while and we are long overdue for some updates on the cutest children in our entire world...(my apologies if you dislike super long posts. However, if you're a fan, you're welcome.)

- Charlie LOVES to "drive,"any chance he gets, and he is always driving to Disneyland. If I'm buckling Lucy into her car seat and he's lucky enough to not be in his yet, he can be found in the driver's seat (car turned off, obviously) driving to "Mickey Mouse's Big House." Today we went to the farm and he made sure to warm the seat of every tractor and combine on the lot, driving to Disneyland. Sometimes, Lucy and I get invited. Lucky Daddy Big Man is invited every time. And lest you be concerned, Charlie is a very safe driver -- he always slings the seat belt around his left arm, just to be safe. :)



- And speaking of seatbelts, lets revisit a small and awesome moment from the drive home from church on Sunday...

Charlie: "Hmmm. I hope Daddy Big Man doesn't get bad owies on him body. Do you have bad owies Daddy Big Man?"

D.B.M.: "No, I don't have bad owies Charlie Big Man."

Mom: "Charlie, why would Daddy have bad owies on his body?"

Charlie: "Because him not have him seatbelt on."

- Lucy is a walking fiend! She pretty much walks everywhere now, until she falls down. She hasn't figured out how to stand without pulling up on something, so it looks like this: walk, walk, walk, fall, crawl over to nearest anything and pull up, walk , walk, walk...repeat.



- The kids have a play kitchen that they LOVE. As mentioned several posts ago, Charlie loves to cook food for anyone and everyone within sight. Tonight, Lucy joined in on the fun as she dug through the kitchen, found the lid to the her teapot, and walked it over to me for some munching. I had some, Charlie had some, and Lucy had some. We all raved about what a splendid and talented cook she was and how much we like the "cookie" she made for us. It was a blissful moment with the children. I love that she is initiating such fun now. What a sweetheart we have on our hands.


- Charlie LOVES to watch movies. Like, too much love. If anyone has any toddler-friendly, urban-friendly (aka, public parks = our backyard. Boo), sanity-inducing, getting us out of the house summer activities to recommend, please do so:)


-Lucy's hair is seriously coming in these days, as in, I am getting to experiment with different do's. When did she decide to grow up? (And speaking of which, the princess just sprouted her 4th bottom tooth, and is also working on her top molars. That would put us to a grand total of 10 teeth; and because she grows them in bulk, we've only gone through "teething" 3 times to get these 10 in. Now THAT is efficiency).

(yeah, I didn't do her hair that day. But who does their hair for the beach, right?)


- Kids Clothes Week Challenge is coming up again next week. I am so excited! I have projects and ideas piling up for the big week. I don't know why I don't just start now. I guess its easier to justify such non-house-cleaning behavior when there is a random blog button to make things official.


- Lucy made a quacking sound the other day, so we showed her several pictures of ducks and told her that ducks quack. Today, when we saw ducks at the farm, she quacked at them:) Cuuuute.


- Charlie is still our adorable and talented music man. He loves to hum songs and then say "Hmmm, mama, what was that? Maybe it was me humming _____." I've got to admit, I kind of love the game; its super cute, not to mention, he can really carry a tune these days. His favorite song to hum (and he even busted out singing it [or belting it] in the car today) is Jingle Bells. Don't ask me why. All I know is, its hilarious.

this picture is 100% not posed, and 100000% Charlie.

- We weaned Lucy from the binky shortly after her birthday. Since then, we have found 2 things (other than her blankie) that soothe her: wearing her sunglasses, and combing her hair (not necessarily at the same time). She can be totally freaking out and (unless she is really mad) either of these will instantly produce a very calm, serene, and zen-like child. I need to buy more combs.


maybe its genetic?



-Lucy has a new "silly face" that she loves to make because she knows it cracks us up. We call it her "O" face (we're so creative, aren't we?) She makes it randomly and it makes us laugh every time. So unexpected, so silly, and so Lucy. She's a card, that one.




- Brian just got home from basketball with a beautiful lily that he picked for me...from the church grounds:) Some would say inappropriate, I say thoughtful, wonderful, and adorable. (It reminds me of when we were first married...the Provo snow had finally melted and a lone tulip had bloomed in front of our apartment complex. He surprised me with it one day when he walked in after work...dirt covered roots, and all:) ).
I love him.
(The lily is joined by some sweet peas we picked [and paid for] today at the farm. They smell AMAZING. Bath and Body Works isn't even close.)


I think that's it for now.

3 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

What a fun post!! Adorable memories about your kids that you will treasure forever. By the way, picking the lily is so something Brandon would do. He picked a flower for me when we were dating from the complex I lived in. Those stories about Brain picking the flowers made me laugh!! Miss you!! We aren't going to Utah until the 12th of June. It looks like we will just barely miss you. BUMMER!!

Wendle said...

Emily!! Your two little ones are ADORABLE! I loved reading about them and catching up on your life. You make an amazing mom!

Amy said...

I love long, cute, picture-filled posts! Your kids are absolutely adorable and Lucy's "O" face made me laugh!