Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kids Clothes Week: day 1

For day 1, I finished up a top for Lucy that I started (and had to set aside) a couple of weeks ago. I used an old top of mine and this tutorial.

(This is the only not-blurry shot I got of her. She's QUICK on those dainty little feet!)

You can't see the sleeves because of her cardi (it was chilly this morning), but they are ruffled, like the one in the tutorial.

I also threw together a little tool belt for Charlie's latest love -- his Handy Manny tools. I had no idea how "broken" our house was until Charlie got his tools. He fixes everything for me, all day long:) The tool belt is just a sheet of brown fun foam (folded in half and sewn into thirds) and some leftover bias tape I had in my stash. Not exactly "clothes," but it made him happy, so it totally counts!

2 comments:

Tauna said...

So great!! I was wondering how KCWC was going for you. Looks great. I managed to fix a few clothing items of the kids, I'd been wanting to fix before the kids grew out of them . Thanks for being my inspiration for this. It's about time I dusted off my sewing machine!

Kim said...

NICE!! I admire you for doing this. Like Tauna I need to dust my machine off. it's unpacked but has been very lonely since moving. i look forward to all of your posts about KCWC...