Monday, May 09, 2011

Huntington Gardens

Last week the kids and I joined some friends for a day at the Huntington Botanical Gardens. Let's talk about beautiful - the gardens were gorgeous! And HUGE.


It was also HOT. Really hot. So thank goodness for the children's garden which was filled with "just right" sized water fountains, as Charlie would say.

The Boy could have played with this blue door all day long. There were tears when I had to drag him away from it.

I was SO grateful Lucy was able to walk as well as she could -- the children's area was all cement and gravel. Poor little knees.

Tender -- they are holding hands! Wrong. This was taken right before he tried to push her away. But what are you going to do, right? We're working on it.

We had a great time and I am really looking forward to going back again:) Maybe when the weather cools off, a bit?

2 comments:

Tauna said...

oh so THAT'S the fountain. I don't think I've ever noticed that fountain before. Weird, huh? It is beautiful!

Brit Warner said...

I am glad you guys had fun! We will have to try again for tickets next time!