Monday, September 29, 2008

Curse you, acid reflux.

Our sweet little Charlie boy was diagnosed with acid reflux early last week. Let me just tell you, nothing has ever made me sad the way seeing my baby in so much pain has this past week. He is on medication which is helping things slowly, but surely (oh Zantac, where would we be without you?) and we are hopeful that within the month we will have our happy healthy baby back. Until then, there will most likely be a major slow down in blogging -- at least from yours truly -- because I've got a sick little man here who needs to be smothered in loves.
But just because I'm obsessed, here's a little eye candy to tie you over (and if you're fine and don't need the eye candy, too bad. Why? Because I'm the mom. That's why.)

Oh! And by way of joyous and adorable announcement, Charlie started smiling the CUTEST open-wide smile this past week! Of course with the acid reflux, our smiles are few and far between, but they are still there -- a tender mercy for mom. I'll try to catch one on camera to share with you all:)

10 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Poor little Charlie and poor mommy! There is nothing that breaks your heart quite like seeing your child in pain. I hope the Zantac continues to work!

I can't wait to see those cute smiles you are talking about. Children's smiles really are tender mercies.

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. There's one thing I've learned since 11:59 am on September 15 - I'll never be able to stop thinking about and worrying about my little guy, its just the way of a mom. Good luck with this, I hope it all works out.

Amber said...

We know how you feel---or I guess I should say Jared knows how Charlie feels---big yays for Zantac.

It does get better with time; it's still not completely gone but apparently it tapers off around 6 months normally.

Jenay said...

I wish you the best.

Try checking out the website
http://www.infantreflux.org/Message_Boards.htm

My little guy is now 2 1/2... I would have been lost without this community, it was so helpful for me. We had to try many meds before we finally got Evan feeling better. Hang in there!

Jana Clegg said...

Congrats on the cute little guy! Sorry about the reflux...and the cut up onesie. The things we do with little sleep. You are becoming an amazing mom, so keep up the good work. Just think about the other moms struggling to keep their eyes open during the nightime feedings when you're doing it too and it may bring a smile. It does for me. Go Moms everywhere!

Gretta said...

look at your beautiful baby! lucky! what if i get ugly babies? i worry about these things.

everyone once is a while, i think about you and then i miss you.

love gretta

Jackie said...

Oh, I love him!

Maurine said...

It gets better, Addie had acid reflux too it is hard to see them in so much pain and not be able to do much. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Oh, poor little guy! That totally stinks. I really hope he gets better soon. Hooray for modern medicine and that he can get relief!

Heather said...

Seems we are going are living parallel lives. AJ also has acid reflux and is a miserable little guy - I just posted about how those smiles can make all the difference to a weary mom. We tried the Zantac, but have you tasted it? It is awful! The poop little guys eyes would pop out of his head every time I had to give it to him. He would gag and spit most of it back out. I had it flavored, but it didn't seem to help much. I sure hope it works for your little one! Our first, Spencer, had GERD as well and I can tell you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You may have a very picky eater, but the pain will go away. I'll be thinking of you (it is just as hard for mom) and Charlie!

Heather