Thursday, July 24, 2008

I miss it.

I've been reading the blogs of several dear friend's I taught with in Utah and I MISS IT SO MUCH! I kind of feel bad saying that - I mean, I'm due with our precious baby in 2 weeks, so I should be glad that I don't have a classroom to put together, or millions of copies to make, or curriculum to write and adjust, or 20 name tags & games to make and laminate, or bulletin boards to put up and revamp...right? But in all reality, I'm so sad.
I miss being in my empty classroom and singing loudly with the stereo turned up just because the students aren't there yet, laughing and catching-up with wonderful coworkers while trying to track down the ever-moving butcher paper cart, making a million trips back and forth to the copy room because I forgot something - again, meeting sweet and shy little 6 year olds who come with their parents to meet their new teacher, and using my staple gun to attach anything and everything to, well, anything and everything.
As a wonderful friend has reminded me, though, I should be grateful I ever had the privilege to be a teacher.
All I have to say is Buddy needs to hurry and get here before I catch a flight to Orem to help ANYONE at Geneva who will let me take part in their back-to-school prep.

6 comments:

The Rodgers said...

School's not that great ;) lol
Don't worry you're gonna love being a mom. The wait is just too hard.

The Rodgers said...

Oh and PS...if you're gonna catch a flight to Orem you might as well come visit us in Davis...

Anonymous said...

ME TOO! I was so excited to have a break from teaching and now that I hhave it I'm so sad. I had to go pick stuff up at school twice in the last week and I was so sad. I peeked in my old room and it was all set up with someone else's stuff. :( And all the school supply sales at the stores are making me sad too! But I guess we should be happy we ever got the chance to teach, right??

Sorry I didn't call you back yet. We got home really late yesterday!

Amy said...

You can come help me set up my classroom, I just went by today for the first time since the last day of school! It would be great fun and a flight to the bay area is cheaper and shorter than SLC!

Lori said...

I love your creative crayon pic!:)

Nada said...

I miss it too! and 30 students for the day is way easier than 1 all day and all night! But I love it, I do. I just miss the classroom fun.