Alright.
I sit here, 36 weeks pregnant with only 28 days left (hopefully) until our little man arrives, and I am kind of struggling. Sitting here is not the struggle; in fact, sitting is one of the easiest things to do these days. Its all the things surrounding sitting or laying down that have inspired this post. Those things would be the bending, the leaning, and the trying to support what feels to be a full-size-seeded-watermelon-that-I- swear-is-strapped-to-my-torso-as-I-move-around difficulties that magically appear every time I attempt to change positions.
With that in mind, here is my "struggle": I find it impossible to even imagine that my body will EVER feel or function normally again. It seems like FOREVER ago, almost a dream even, that I ever once was able to jump and dance and play around with a high energy that matched my ability to exert it.
Now I am not in any way complaining about my pregnancy -- I have had a great pregnancy that has absolutely flown by and I am eternally grateful for the blessing it will be to have this sweet little boy in our lives. This post is not meant to be a complaint at ALL - it is simply meant to be an expression of my feelings: that I really have a hard time comprehending the possibility that my body will ever be the way it was again. After all the changing it has done these past 8 months, this seems borderline unfathomable.
However, acknowledging the fact that pregnancy hormones are a real thing that honestly do mess with one's mind, I will work to remember my complete faith in the miracle that our bodies are. And further, in observing and reflecting on new moms I know, I will exercise this faith and acknowledge the real possibility of normalcy returning. After all, miracles DO happen:)
22 Family-Favorite Slow Cooker Dinners
5 days ago

8 comments:
Aww! Don't worry, your body will go back to normal and you will be even more beautiful than before!
Don't worry, everyone feels that way in the last month. In no time, you'll be holding your little guy--- wondering if you were really pregnant or if it was just a dream!
You really will be able to! I thought the same thing. I was massive. Nursing helps you lose and then stopping nursing helps you lose the rest. (Unfortunately, that's true!) The stage you're at is possibly the worst. Thank goodness he's almost here!
I totally understand you, except your better and not complaining. I was definitely a complainer! (I'll work on that for next time.) Give yourself time, and your body will totally bounce back and recover from the 9 months of stretching. It's pretty amazing! I'm so excited for the post that says "Baby Ames is here!"
~Emily Johansson
Don't worry it will (like everyone else said), and by the time it does you begin thinking about child #2 (no announcement from this end)- and the saga continues. PS- we have the same stroller/carseat combo- glad to hear it's safe- I was feeling like a horrible mother for a minute there!
I can't believe you are so close to finishing your pregnancy. We are so excited for the arrival of your baby.
Oh Emily - I hate to say it, but the last 4 weeks are the worst. I think it's your body preparing you for the sleepless night that are going to continue after the baby is born. Good luck!
I think the last little bit is so hard so you'll not be nervous about labor--you'll do anything not to be pregnant anymore!! That was true in my case. I thought I would be so nervous going through labor, but I was really just in the moment. Even though it was hard and painful (God bless the person that created the epidural!), it was one of the best days of my life! Really...it was pretty great.
Good luck! We're rooting for you!
Post a Comment